Hi Dolls !
I joined a Castor oil challenge in Dec of 2011 ( Dec 18th - March 18th) . It was suppose to be held for 3 months. the level of the challenge that I decided to do was the moderate level which consisted of applying Castor oil to the scalp about 3-4 times a week or every other day, massaging the scalp with each application and deep treating the hair with Castor oil added in. Castor oil is infamous for growth and thickening the hair. I was excited to do a Castor oil challenge because it was already a staple product in my regimen. I absolutely love this oil. I get my Castor oil straight from my families homeland of Haiti. I love the thickness i love the smell ( though others feel different). It is thick so you must be light handed with it but i have definitely had good experiences with it.
When i first decided to go natural my edges were very thin and fragile. This oil has brought them back to life. So i was thrilled to join this challenge. Now lets get real!!
1. I did not apply Castor oil every other day
2. I did not massage my scalp with each application
I did apply Castor oil with my deep treatment though. I thought that was the most important. I did not apply often because my hair cant tolerate such a thick oil to be applied that often. I ended up with a greasy afro ( not HOT). I did not massage because between studying and other things i just didn't do it. Shame on me, hey sometimes you get lazy. Next time i will try better at routine massages but i did massage before each deep treatment. Thats enough rambling lets show some results:
What do you guys think?
I think its been a good growth period for these pasts three months.
Thickness?? Its still up in the air for me. Ill post some thickness photos side by side soon and well do the comparison together.
Thanks for blogging !!
Kris
<3

No comments:
Post a Comment