Wednesday, November 2, 2011

My Bantu Knot Out Obsession && the Natural is Beautiful Natural Hair event


Hi Dolls !
Yes i offcically have a problem ...im addicted to bantu knot outs !
For about the whole month of september Ive been rocking bantu knot outs. and it has done me well. it gives great fluffy soft curls. 
A Bantu knot out is when you roll your hair into a knot...than take them out. Some ppl just take a peice of hair and roll it into a knot just like that, but i two strand twist than knot them. That works best for me. Why don't you try it out and see how it works for you?

This is how i set my hair at night: 



This is what it looks like in the morning before I fluff and hide my parts:


After fluffing : 


It is all up to you how much you chose to fluff. I usually take an elastic band and wear it up.I set my hair with my shea butter mix ( Raw shea butter, castor oil and olive oil)  and some Karens Body Beautiful " Hair Nectar" that i received in my gift bag from the natural hair event. let me just tell you...that stuff is GOOD. I love it ! it works really well with my hair..not too thick and smells amazing.  

Now on to the next one !

The Natural Is Beautiful natural hair event was so wonderful. It was my first natural hair event and i really enjoyed it. Very interesting to see so many women in one room feeling good about there hair whether long ,short, curly or straight. Most importantly so many women that came out to learn more about hair care and health. i learned alot and met alot of wonderful people. Here are some photos: 

Yes it definitly is..


Three beautiful ladies 











Was about to get my hair did  ;-)








Charyjay from youtube and an Original Moxie Representative did my hair in a simple and classic french roll to demonstrate simple protective styles for the winter. 







After Chary J did my hair: A simple french roll and hump in the front


There was Taren916 from the youtube natural hair community ,Celeb hair stylist the winner of project runway and a celebrity fashion stylist there as well.







There was also makeup being done by Valerie P and Ciara. Valerie P is one of the best i know she did an excellent job I will leave her buisness information at the bottom. 





Me && Taren.Can you beleive thats a wig on her head. She made it herself check out her channel to see how. Her youtube channel is Taren916









WE HAD SOME BIG CHOPPERS!! WHOOHOO !

Makeup by: Ciara





we are Beautiful Naturally. Overall great experience. 

Thanks for blogging !
Kris <3


Valerie P Blog : 
Valeriepjoseph.blogspot.com

3 comments:

NhaNha_Love said...

I can't wait to BC in Dec! I need someone there with me

Jaƫl said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!

Kristie said...

@NhaNha_Love: I cant wait for you to BC too. Out with the old in with the new. I wud love to be there for your bigchop.

@Jael: hey boo!!!! Welcome. Thnks alot