Friday, November 11, 2011

Curly Nikki NYC Meet Up

Hello Ladies !!
I was one of the guest at the Curly Nikki NYC Meet Up sponsord by : MIZANI
I first heard the rumors through text message about a free natural hair meet that Curly Nikki was throwing out here in NYC. I had to see it to beleive it. I went on curlynikki.com and there it was ! My chance to RSVP for FREE......i repeat.....FOR FREE !!! =D
I RSVP's as quick as my fingers could click that mouse. I didnt know what to expect but all i knew was that curly nikki and her natural hair blog was a huge place to be in the natural hair community and i wanted to get the oppourtunity to be there. For those of you who dont know who Curly Nikki is, she started her own blog ( curlynikki.com) after discovering her " Natural" self. It is full with experiences, encouragement and real life stuff ! no non sense ! She's a real life woman who started her journey just like us and now has put a platform for us to speak out just like she did by means of her blog.


Meet Curly Nikki --->>

The date was October 20th 2011 at the Carlton Hotel. Once i walked through the door it was like a diff world! the place was packed with BEAUTIFUL ladies of different skin tones hair lengths hair textures...the beauty was all over the room. Once you walk in your given a Mizani gift bag with sample products to try out. 

So now i start walking around checking the scene...everything was looking real cool there were hair models and demos , the DJ was " FIYAH " ..I was just grooving. So many ladies come up to you asking about your hair and where your from and how long youve been natural. The love was definitly amazing.



Guess who i bump into !

Karen Parsons aka " Hillary " from The Fresh Prince of Bel- Air
She's such a Doll. Her hair is was Fabulous.Shes too sweet and her hair was healthy curly and big.Hair Envy !


Also janet Hubert  the Original " Aunt Viv" was there. This woman is so amazing to be around i really enjoyed her company and her laughs.


Essence magazine was there and all the representatives of naturallycurly.com. 
Essence walked around take snapshots of all the beauties in the room && look who was one of em =)

I was on Essence.com under the curly nikki nyc meet up "hot hair". Last but not least i finally got a chance to meet Nikki. She always had like a crowd of people around her wanting to talk to her. i patiently waited and got my chance. She has that southern hospitality and despite all the people wanting to stop her and talk and take pictures she never once was rude. Shes very sweet and bubbly. It was a pleasure.


Overall a great experience. Thats enough natural hair events for one year. I have enough encouragement to last me awhile =)




Thanks For Blogging !!

Kris<3


No comments: